As a staff, we are committed to making our students’ learning experience even better. We have been inspired by the work of the Teacher Development Trust when planning our Professional Learning Programme:
To ensure our teaching is truly ‘great’ and that we all continue to develop, we offer a range of professional learning opportunities for all teachers:
- Whole staff training focussing on high quality feedback and on the assessment of learning in lessons.
- Departmental training organised by HODs to meet subject needs, including training for new specifications as well as the departmental and whole school areas for development and T and L focus areas for the year.
- A bespoke programme of opt-in sessions indicated on the calendar as part of directed time, plus additional optional sessions open to all staff. These sessions are a response to feedback from staff, staff voice from focus weeks and evidence from quality assurance in 2014/15.
Staff will choose which of the sessions they would like to attend.
Additional professional learning sessions (non-compulsory):
These sessions are optional and will provide staff with the opportunity to really stretch and challenge themselves.
4. Coaching with Ben Howard and Deborah Plowright.
Ben and Debs will be working 1:1 to support staff in developing aspects of their teaching.
5. Out of school training. This may involve a visit to another school to share practice and gain new ideas, or a traditional inset course. (
6. Peer to peer. Middle and senior leaders from other schools will be working with our middle and senior leaders to evaluate T and L at Ryedale School and to share expertise, resources and best practice.
Miss Hunter (Assistant Headteacher), Mr Howard (Lead Practitioner) and Mrs Plowright (Lead Practitioner).