Ryedale School Summer 2019 Key Stage 4 Examination Results
- Our Progress 8 score is likely to place us in the top category, once again, of ‘Well above average’ when compared with schools’ performance nationally.
- Our school’s attainment 8 score is 52.6
- 72% of students gained at least a grade 4 in both English and Maths
- 52% of students gained at least a grade 5 in both English and Maths
- 29% of students achieved grade 4 or above in the English Baccalaureate
- 20% of students achieved grade 5 or above in the English Baccalaureate
- Average English Baccalaureate APS score per pupil: 4.77
- 30% of all grades achieved were top grades (A*/A/ 7/8/9)
- All students from the 2019 cohort are still in education, training or employment
All students from the 2019 cohort are still in education, training or employment
I would like to congratulate Ryedale students on achieving a fantastic set of results this year. 72% of the year group achieved a grade 4 (standard pass equivalent to the old ‘C’ grade) or above in English and maths. 52% of the year group achieved a grade 5 (strong pass) or above in English and maths.
30% of all grades achieved were grade 7, 8 or 9 (equivalent to the old A*/A). Fifty-seven students (44% of the cohort) achieved one or more grade 7 (the old grade A) and twenty-six students (20% of the cohort) achieved one or more grade 9 in their GCSEs. Six students (Alex Bailey, Harry McMurray, Hannah Ellam, Conor Saxby, Herbert Antcliff and Ethan Hawtin) achieved five or more grade 9s. Seven students (Alex Bailey, Hannah Ellam, Katie Gamble, Ethan Hawtin, Finnian Hutchinson, Harry McMurray and Chris Moxon) achieved all grade 7, 8 or 9s (equivalent to the old A*/A).
These results are extremely impressive. However, most importantly, students of all abilities who have worked hard throughout their time at Ryedale have achieved in line with their potential. We are confident that the superb progress our students have made since joining our school will be reflected in our Progress 8 score when it is released.
I am very proud of the way our students have performed and would like to thank everyone involved for their hard work in securing such an impressive set of results. I wish every student happiness and success for the future.
Congratulations to the class of 2019. These results are very well deserved and reflect the hard work of our students, the great teaching provided by the Ryedale staff and the support they have received from their families.
I would like to wish our students all the very best as they embark upon their chosen Post 16 courses.