The Key to Success at Ryedale
Advice to Students
Remember that your life at Ryedale is to prepare you for life beyond Ryedale!
- Pack your bags each night
- Have a routine for checking you have the correct equipment for each lesson
- Use your planner to record your homework carefully
Good behaviour and good behaviour for learning:
- Have a positive approach to school
- Be engaged in all lessons; hands up!
- Work well on your own, work well in groups
- Answer if you know, ask if you don’t
- Respond to feedback from your teachers
- Make every lesson count; be an active learner
Get involved in school life; play sport, play music, dance, sing, act and join clubs.
Our happiest students are often our busiest and most successful!
Advice to Parents
- Encourage punctuality and full attendance
- Are they getting enough sleep and having breakfast?
- Help them organise their equipment for the school day
- Encourage them to take a full part in school life
- Talk to them about their learning
- Look at their planners regularly to see what homework they have
- Look at their work in their exercise books and get them to explain it
- Help them to regularly revisit their learning
- Have they got a calm, quiet environment in which to work and learn?
- Is their phone, X-box or the TV a barrier to learning?
- Tell us early if there is a problem
Mr Gentry / Miss Hunter, September 2014